Cub Scouting is fun for the whole family. In Scouting, boys and girls start with their best right now selves and grow into their very best future selves. It’s fun, hands-on learning and achievement that puts kids in the middle of the action and prepares them for today – and for life.
Who can join?
Cub Scouts are boys and girls aged 5 to 10. Any child showing an interest in scouting and who lives in the Geneva, Switzerland area (whether Geneva Canton or Vaud Canton or neighboring France) is welcome to join our Pack. You do not have to be an American to join. Please see our Pack Calendar to see when we meet. Our activities run during the academic year (September to June).
Aims and Methods
The mission of the Scouts BSA (formerly Boy Scouts of America) is to prepare young people to make ethical and moral choices over their lifetimes by instilling in them the values of the Scout Oath and Law. Scouts BSA has clearly defined objectives for its Cub Scout Program. It aims to develop :
- Moral strength – by focusing on personal qualities, values and outlook.
- Citizenship – by helping scouts develop a relationship to other people, to the society they live in and by understanding the government presiding over that society.
- Physical, mental and emotional fitness – by working toward a healthy body, by developing an ability to think & solve problems, by expressing self control, courage & self respect.
The methods of Cub Scouting are: living the ideals, belonging to a den, advancement, family involvement, activities, serving the community, and the uniform.
Become a Scout
Our recruiting event at the beginning of the school year is Sports Day and usually takes place in September (see Calendar). During this event you will have the opportunity to meet with a unit leader, get questions answered, and fill out an application to join Scouting.
Before applying online, it’s best to contact us first (simply e-mail us) to let us know you’re interested in joining our Pack. Please note we prefer registering new scouts at the beginning of the academic year (activities run with the school year rather than the calendar year) because we do not pro-rate member dues.
Then you can register with the BSA at https://my.bsa.us/802paa0130mb. Note this link is specific to Pack 130.
- Choose New to scouting button on the left
- Choose Register a youth
- The form will ask for parent and child information
- Please complete the fields and you should receive a confirmation e-mail
- There is a registration fee ($11) at the end of the process
If you need tips to fill out the BSA form, please email us (the form was designed for US residents).
The online application fee is for BSA so you will need to pay your annual dues directly to the Pack. Member dues for 2019-20 are 325 CHF per scout. Please see financial FAQs for payment options.
Become a Leader
Ask any of our volunteers and they’ll tell you, volunteering with Scouting is as rewarding to them as it is meaningful to the kids. Watching children grow is one thing — leading them through the process is a whole new experience altogether. Please see pack and den roles and current openings. If you’re interested, please contact us.